Why is it that so many women walk away from their conventional doctor, being told they are healthy – or even offered an anti-depressant – when they feel way under par? Is it all in your mind? Is this simply ageing or peri-menopause? Are you too lazy or have you been eating too much? Do you need to see a psychologist and take an anti-depressant?
In New Zealand, 1.5% of women are known to be affected by a slow thyroid. This diagnosis is made when levels of a hormone called TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) are above the standard range of 0.3-3.5 mlU/L . Many women have this thyroid test after they report to their conventional medical doctor with symptoms including:
- weight gain
- being sensitive to the cold
- dry skin and hair
- muscle aches (source NHS Choices)
Integrative Health takes a different stance on thyroid hormones. Integrative Health Professionals treat the patient holistically. This means that they will consider your full reporting of symptoms, alongside lab results. In addition to testing TSH, you can test a full profile of other thyroid hormones and antibodies, that indicate auto-immune disease.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Why your thyroid could still be the cause of your symptoms, even if you tested normal.
- Which tests really uncover a thyroid health problem – HINT not always TSH!
- The link between stress and an impaired thyroid function
- Detox with a difference! – No juicing or fasts!!
- What is detox really, and how do we make it easy whilst still being smart?
- The hidden toxins in your food, water and make-up that make it harder for your thyroid to do it’s job
- How detoxification can support your thyroid and gain you energy with a positive outlook
- Why giving up gluten could be the key to revving your metabolism.
- Which foods to lose, and which to add in to support a healthy metabolism
- Where to find the nutrients your thyroid is craving
- Simple stretching and relaxation that help to nourish and heal your thyroid gland.
- How to get luscious healthy hair, a revved libido, juicy skin, weight loss and vitality!
In this workshop we will spend up to four hours learning about optimal life detox for thyroid health, with plenty of time for questions and answers and sharing our experiences.
What are the requirements for attending this course?
- Suspicion that your thyroid could be bringing your life to a halt
- A desire to improve your health and happiness.
- Please bring a notebook and pen
- Bring water and a snack
- Wear comfy clothes
- If you have print outs of recent blood tests bring them along – no guarantee we can fully interpret them here today.
What am I going to get from this course?
- A new understanding of your female health
- An appreciation of why your doctor has not been able to help you
- Guidance on when to go back to your doctor if your symptoms continue
- Simple and effective tools to detox your life including – helpful foods, relaxation and stretching.
- Optimism that you can regain your energy and pazazz
- Fresh direction to help you take control of your own health
Who is facilitating this workshop?
This workshop is led by Claire Winzar – Certified Women’s Integrative Health Coach, Registered Yoga Teacher, BSc Hons. Claire has more than 12 years of experience working in the fields of genetics, pharmaceuticals, health and fitness, Healthy Lifestyle Coaching and Yoga for Health.
Please see Health Disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
Wondering if this workshop i right for you? Reach out right now by filling the form below: